High Speed Broaching
High speed broaching is usually employed to cut smaller parts, and can compete quite favorably with the milling process, while still holding extremely close tolerances.
V W Broaching Service has a wide variety of high speed broaching machines, each machine distinguished by its stroke, speed, power, and loading mechanism.
High Speed Broaching Resources
- 19 high speed broaching machines
- 48 inch maximum cut length (in one pass)
- 12 ton maximum cutting power
- In excess of 30 complete cycles per minute on many machines
- In-house tooling department, capable of fabricating, sharpening and reconditioning your tools, to preserve tool integrity and longevity
- The ability to cut virtually any machinable material, including stainless steel, plastic, magnesium and powdered metal
High Speed Broaching Advantages
- Fastest method of broaching available
- Competes very favorably with milling
- Loading and cutting can be fully automated, making for an extremely economical process
- Tooling can be modular in design, allowing for variations of the same basic cutting pattern
- Very often can be tooled to cut two or more parts simultaneously
High speed broaching refers to the type of machine that is used to broach a piece part. A high speed broaching machine is simply a vertical surface broaching machine, in which the ram typically has less mass, less stroke, and has a smaller length of cut.
In reducing the mass of the machine, ram, and associated fixtures, the ram is able to travel at much greater speeds. While typically used to cut external slots, shapes and forms, internals can also be cut. These machines adapt well to high volume production.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 1.800.966.6052