For more than a half century, V W Broaching Service has designed, developed and delivered top-quality, long-lasting involute spline broaches for use in a wide variety of industries.
An ISO 9001:2015 certified company and one of the largest specialty machine shops in the Midwest, V W Broaching Service offers rapidly crafted, highly precise and rigidly tested involute spline broaches to your exacting specifications.
V W Broaching serves a wide range of industries:
- Heavy equipment
- Industrial manufacturing
- Oil and gas
What is broaching?
Broaching is a precision machining process used to remove material from components. A toothed tool – called a broach – is passed along or through a blank object in one consistent motion. Depending on the broach used, the process can create a circular hole, an irregular exterior shape, a keyway or a geometric shape, among many others.
What is a spline?
A spline is formed when keyways are aligned around a hole. Splines can have any number of teeth, and the teeth can be shaped straight-sided, involute, or helical. Splines are mainly used to connect driven components in machines and vehicles, such as gear shifters on motorcycles and clamps for engine shafts.
Spline broaches are one of a wide variety of broaches offered by VW Broaching. Other types of broaches available are:
- Double D
- Any geometric shape
Providing the product you need, the service you deserve
V W Broaching Service provides the experience, expertise, equipment, and exemplary service to completely satisfy your custom involute spline broaching needs
- Operating for more than 50 years
- Serving a wide range of industries: biomedical, automotive, home appliances, hand tools, government, consumer goods
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Expert in-house broach designers and toolmakers to quickly respond to your tooling needs
- Fully-trained staff on premises
- More than 60 horizontal, vertical, high-speed, and continuous chain broaching machines
- 54,000 square foot Midwest facility
- Capacity for high-volume production work
- Entire department devoted to wire EDM
- CNC milling and turning centers to make your parts complete
- Deliver high quality work
- Fully support products
- Protect and enhance your investment