VW Broaching Service delivers top-quality custom keyway broaching and internal keyway broaching for almost kind of component – from bolts to highly specialized aerospace parts - to clients of all sizes – from the smallest shop to the biggest industry.
An ISO 9001:2015 certified company and one of the largest specialty machine shops in the Midwest, V W Broaching Service offers highly precise and rigidly tested custom keyway broaching and internal keyway broaching to meet your exacting specifications and needs.
V W Broaching serves a wide range of industries:
Request a Quote
- Heavy equipment
- Industrial manufacturing
- Oil and gas
What is broaching?
Broaching is a precision machining process used to remove material from components. A toothed tool – called a broach – is passed along or through a blank object in one consistent motion. Depending on the broach used, the process can create a circular hole, an irregular exterior shape, a keyway or a geometric n irregular shape, as well as many others.
What is a keyway?
A keyway is a slot in the internal hub of a gear, pulley or other circular component. That keyway is matched in size and shape to the external keyway of a shaft. The ‘key’ is then inserted to join the two, providing for a positive and safe driving mechanism.
The most common broach shape is the simple keyway. A horn - a slotted bushing used to hold the keyway broaching tool - is placed inside a part and the keyway broach is fitted into the horn’s slot and pulled through the part.
Providing the product you need, the service you deserve
V W Broaching Service provides the experience, expertise, equipment, and exemplary service to completely satisfy your custom keyway broaching and internal keyway broaching needs
- Operating for more than 50 years
- Serving a wide range of industries: biomedical, automotive, home appliances, hand tools, government, consumer goods
- ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Expert in-house broach designers and toolmakers to quickly respond to your tooling needs
- Fully-trained staff on premises
- More than 60 horizontal, vertical, high-speed, and continuous chain broaching machines
- 54,000 square foot Midwest facility
- Capacity for high-volume production work
- Entire department devoted to wire EDM
- CNC milling and turning centers to make your parts complete
- Deliver high quality work
- Fully support products
- Protect and enhance your investment